- Learn about the nutrients in fresh fruits and vegetables that can protect against cancer at the American Institute for Cancer Research.
- If you would like to learn about the factors that are associated with breast cancer and what you can do to lower your risk, visit BreastCancer.org.
- For the basics of breastfeeding, including why it is important and how you can get started, read this article from FamilyDoctor.org.
- If you are wondering how often to breastfeed, why your baby is having difficulty latching, or whether your infant is receiving enough milk, visit WomensHealth.gov for a primer on breastfeeding.
- Visit La Leche League International for a detailed explanation of why you should allow your baby to finish nursing on one breast before you switch to the other one.
Join us here at Menorah Medical Center in the fight against breast cancer. As part of the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, our team of healthcare professionals can provide residents of Kansas City and the surrounding areas with comprehensive breast care services. Schedule your screening today by calling our Consult-A-Nurse healthcare referral line at (913) 498-6000.